Wednesday 15 November 2017

Inducing Labour

I was asked to give a Shiatsu treatment to a friend who was overdue and who told me that they had tried all the old wives suggestions to get the birth going but to no avail.  I treated my friend and included all the points I had avoided during her pregnancy envisioning the Ki moving downwards through the body.  I felt some really buzzing ki in the pelvic area.  By 3am the next morning labour had started.  Amazing stuff this Shiatsu.  I wish I had known about it when I gave birth - I was induced after being two weeks over my due date - pumped full of Oxytocin which launched my body into overdrive with it all happening way to quickly.  Surely we should try every natural way possible before going down the chemical route.  A couple of the points I used are in the diagrams below.




No comments:

Post a Comment